The California-cool-gone-West look is the next decor trend to watch, so say some designers.
- The rustic-farmhouse-meets-beachy-seashore coastal cowgirl is a Western-inspired spin on traditional coastal styles
- The coastal cowgirl color scheme embraces an easy-going, slow-paced lifestyle.
- A harmony of whites, creams, blues, and browns will tie your space together.
- Warm up cool, ocean-mimicking blues with rustic brown tones, and use warm beige, rich caramel, and other playful browns to channel both the sand and Western terrain.
- Incorporate a little dusty pink for contrast, and you’ll have a perfectly balanced final look.
- This trend is all about the perfect mix of light, natural materials anchored by rugged accents.
- Combine delicate fabrics like cotton and linen with a country western flair of worn leather and reclaimed wood.
- Lay a cowhide rug on the floor and hang your straw hats in an eye-catching display on the wall.
- Take advantage of your exposed ceiling beams and any other natural wood you have in your home to play up the rustic feel.
- Include a leather ottoman or leather chairs layered with denim pillows and cozy knits
- For accents, your go-to materials should include rattan, wicker, and jute.
Source: Better Homes & Garden