HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Nancy welcomes back Jan Rutgers, experienced kitchen designer and owner of Vestabul School of Design. Jan and Nancy chat about the benefits of having a team work together on a remodel project, specifically a kitchen.
Listen to the step by step points on how to build a team will work together to accomplish your dream kitchen.
Who to hire to get the kitchen of their dreams.
- Kitchen Designer,
- the Architect, the
- Interior Designer/Decorator.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Kitchen Designer would be:
- Developing the final layout for the dream kitchen to ensure function, flow and safety.
- Choosing the appliance package based on the client’s needs, budget and available space.
- Ensuring storage requirements for the room are met.
- Specifying interior accessories for functionality of the cabinet interiors.
- Developing detailed drawings such as mechanical plans and elevations for the kitchen space.
- Highlighting for the architect specifications that impact their plans, such as the ventilation pipe size needed for a high preforming pro-styled hood that needs to be hidden in the structure.
- Consulting with the Interior Designer on material selection (Counter-tops, flooring, cabinet materials, lighting, backsplash etc.) for the kitchen based on specific needs of the client.
- Checking that specifications of other materials including door & window casings do not conflict with the final design.
- Overseeing the installation process for all kitchen elements.
Cooperation between Allied Professionals is key to the successful Dream Kitchen.
For more information on building a team, listen to this podcast.
This podcast sponsored by Thermador Appliances
February 3, 2021
email comments to Nancy@NancyHugo.com