HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Are you tired of the “white kitchen?” Sharon Sherman, an awarding winning designer from Bergen County, New Jersey, chatted with Nancy about the popularity and evolution of the white kitchen.
Why white has been popular
- clean fresh look
- quick freshen up for an old kitchen
- realtors say white sells.
- kitchens with a combination of other woods or paint colors with white will continue to trend upward.
Overwhelming number of white kitchens shown in magazines
- White is a great way to ground wood accents,
- walnut island,
- a colorful pop of back splash tile
- dramatic wall color.
White doesn’t have to be that stark
- Bright whites
- Soft whites
- Gray whites
- Cream whites
More creativity is popping up
- 2 tone kitchens
- Engineered stone – more colors available
- Textured and colorful backsplashes
Have a white kitchen? Here’s a quick fix to update
- Change out hardware
- Paint a few cabinets
- Window treatments
- Countertop accessories in bright colors
- Colorful chandelier
This podcast sponsored by Premier Lighting
October 28, 2020
email questions to Nancy@NancyHugo.com