HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Nancy’s guest this week is wellness design consultant, industry speaker and author Jamie Gold, CKD, CAPS, MCCWC. Jamie’s latest book, Wellness by Design: A Room-by-Room Guide to Optimizing Your Home for Health, Fitness and Happiness (Simon & Schuster/Tiller Press, September 2020), is the first comprehensive consumer guide to this very timely topic.
Wellness design was emerging as a trend before the pandemic.
- Covid has just accelerated the pace.
- With so many people spending so many more hours at home, everyone is evaluating how well their spaces are performing for them. In homes across the country
Wellness design defined:
- Creating spaces that support the physical and emotional well-being of their occupants.
- What it can do to enhance your home and life
- For designers it gives you a framework for discussing it with your clients.
- For consumers it gives you criteria to prioritize your investments.
Five Facets of Wellness Design:
We’ll discuss what these terms mean, what products fit into them and how they can enhance people’s homes and health.
The pandemic has made these items more urgent than ever.
- Health & Fitness
- Safety & Security
- Comfort & Joy
This podcast sponsored by Premier Lighting
November 25, 2020
email questions to Nancy@NancyHugo.com