HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Remodeling is booming and many of you are doing your own projects. Marsha Madras, Kitchen & Bath Designer, chatted with Nancy about what to do and what not to do for a great bath design. Follow this hints and suggestions for a great bathroom.
Don’t Install a Bathtub You Won’t Use
- Large, roomy shower stall over a spacious tub
- Keep one tub in the house
Think About Converting Your Tub to a Shower
- Basic tub size 5-ft x2½-ft.
- Converting it to a shower cost effective
The Perfect Shower
- Walk in Shower
- Linear drain
- Grab bars
- Hand Held shower head on bar
- Soap niche large enough to hold what you use
- Several shower heads
Don’t Make the Toilet the First Thing You See When You Open the Door
- Toilet should not be focal point.
- Think privacy
- Task lighting & mirror lighting avoiding shadows
- Mood lighting
- Incorporate layers of task, accent, ambient and decorative lighting
- Lighting over mirror, sconces and cans
Choose Tile Carefully
- Non glossy porcelain & reconstituted stone
- Natural stone is porous, sealing & maintenance
- Steam shower – Porcelain tile
Plan the Right Height for Your Sink
- Typical countertops- 32″ – 34″ inches off the floor.
- Floating vanities
- Plan height for vessel sink
This podcast sponsored by Premier Lighting
November 4, 2020
email questions to Nancy@NancyHugo.com