Color affects our moods, our emotions and how we act toward others. Certain colors can make you sleepy, calm or stressed!
Here are some of the most common room colors, and the meanings associated with each one:
- Red: This color is linked with passion, energy and action. The color is also associated with increasing our metabolism, hence its popularity in dining rooms and kitchens.
- Blue: Blue has many emotional attributes: at the paler end, tranquility and calm, to intelligence at the darker end.
- Yellow: Yellow (orange shares similar characteristics) is the color of energy, happiness, and optimism and therefore brilliant for spaces that are not centered around rest.
- Green: This color is a joy to use: the primary color of nature. It is the perfect color to deliver calm and serenity and therefore has the flexibility to be applied in every room in the home.
- White: White represents purity, innocence and new beginnings, as well as cleanliness and clarity.