While interior designers may decorate, decorators do not design.
- Designers translate customer needs into plans by undertaking design projects from concept to completion. They help manage budgets, priorities, and vendors while offering a deep understanding of materials.
- Their role is to make spaces functional and aesthetically pleasing, and they are typically involved in projects from the onset all the way through the finished product.
- Often works closely with architects and other professionals to make an interior space functional, safe, and beautiful, with additional expertise in developing floor plans and using design programs.
- Professional skilled at beautifying a space using style, color, furniture, and accessories.
- Works closely with furniture makers, upholsterers, and other home decor professionals.
- A decorator focuses on making a home aesthetically pleasing through the use of paint, fabric, furniture, and accessories.
- Works on projects that don’t require construction.