HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Every wonder how those beautiful pictures of living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens and more get into those magazines? Nancy chats with John Roark, editor-in-chief of Phoenix Home & Garden. John will explain how you can get your projects published. Listen and follow these hints and ideas for any magazine or publication.
- Keep it offline, do not publish on your social media. Magazines like to be the first.
- Pitch One Publication at a Time. Don’t contact all the magazines. Wait for a response from one.
- Submit Professional Photography. Your smart phone takes great pictures. You will need permission from photographer and homeowner.
- Research + Carefully Select Which Publication You Submit To.
- Tell A Story but Keep it Brief. Explain why and how.
This podcast sponsored by
email comments & questions to
Nancy, This was a nice conversation between you & John! I enjoyed the ease in how John presented PHG’s approach to accepting & publishing potential work. Great background info on how PHG brings on a project to publish.