HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Remodeling a kitchen is an overwhelming task, but is also one of the largest investments you will make. The most expensive items for a kitchen remodel are the appliances and the cabinets.
My guest is Derek Byler, owner of Arizona Custom Cabinets, who has experience in custom and box cabinets. We will discuss the pros and cons of these cabinetry categories. We will also cover the differences between frame and frameless cabinets.
If you are remodeling, and I stress this constantly, know the products you are choosing. You will have them for a long time, hopefully!
Stock, box and premade cabinets (all the same, different names)
- Inexpensive – good for limited budget
- Quicker lead time
- Limited design options
- Assembly is required for some lines
- Lower Quality
- Unlimited design options, stains and wood species
- High quality materials are used
- Higher ROI
- Sometimes less cost than box cabinets
- Takes Longer to Receive