HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
The subject this week is Windows! Should we cover them or leave them naked? To answer that question and more, Nancy invited Tracy Doane, Certified Interior Designer specializing in Window Coverings to chat with her to see what’s in and what’s out in the world of window treatments.
Window Covering Options: Blinds, Shutters, Shades and Drapery.
Shutters – Contemporary, Traditional & Transitional
- Wood shutters
- Composite shutters
- PVC shutters
- Colorful shutters
Shades – Modern/Contemporary
- Honeycomb or Cell Shades.
- Roller Shades
- Roman Shades,
- Pirouette Shades
- Silhouette Shades.
Window treatments in kitchens
- Roman shade or a shorter curtain makes sense.
- café curtains so that they’ll sit perfectly on the windowsill
- consistency is important for a home to feel cohesive.
- use similar window treatments throughout the home
- window treatments need to fit the overall look and feel of the home.
- color of the window treatments should be consistent throughout the home.
This podcast sponsored by Thermador Appliances
February 24, 2021
email comments to Nancy@NancyHugo.com