In the past light fixtures were an afterthought, but today’s designers are choosing lighting near the beginning of the decorating process.
These ideas range from practical to aesthetic:
- Statement light fixtures – a sculpture in the room, but choose wisely.
- Brass and black finishes – continues to dominate
- Natural elements – rattan and seagrass, stone, rough-cut crystals, and highly reactive ceramic glazes.
- Warm finishes – paint and furniture colors are being reflected in light fixtures
- Sustainable choices -fixtures crafted with organic materials; LED and low voltage light options
- Gold tones – muted golds and matte finishes
- Light for aging eyes – brighter and more consistent lighting
- Outdoor lighting – illuminates space and adds a soft, warm glow.