Ranting is healthy for the soul, so I’ve heard, and I have certainly done my share over these past years. I googled annoying things and, oh my God, there are lists and lists of things that bother people. Many of them I have written about, but several on the list are totally ridiculous, to say the least.
There are a few on the list that you might agree with:
1. People driving slow in the fast lane. People driving too slow in any lane is annoying. I have complained several times about crazy, inconsiderate drivers.
2. Rude shopping assistants and poor customer service. If a business hires people who don’t know how to deal with the public, they eventually will find out when they lose business. Customers have a right to complain, but hopefully, not on deaf ears.
3. People who have no clue about mobile phone etiquette. They keep their phone on during meetings, take calls while they are with other people, talk loudly in public, etc.
4. Talk about loud people –I hate when people who use their ballpark voice in restaurants and make it impossible for others to have a normal conversation.
5. Screaming kids in public places. I’m not talking about McDonald’s playland. People should not bring babies and toddlers to movies, adult restaurants or weddings. I encounter enough screamers at the supermarket, but I guess there’s a point where getting a babysitter gets pricy.
6. Media coverage on crazy Hollywood weirdos. You know who I’m talking about. Do we really have to know about their every move and what their bratty kids ate for breakfast. Enough!
7. The weather is a no-brainer. We all know it’s hot in Arizona during the summer (our summer is longer than most) so why complain? It is what it is! You chose to live here so get over it.
8. Pedestrians who jaywalk at night dressed totally in black. That’s a death wish, or maybe they are just morons.
9. People who say they will do something and then don’t follow through. I have no patience with unreliable peeps.
Now it’s your turn to complain. Add to my list and see how good it feels.