HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Why are we waiting so long for appliances to be delivered after they are ordered? This question is answered by Jacob Bledsoe, District Sales Manager with Thermador. Nancy and Jake also discussed the history of Thermador and some of the appliances they invented and also introduced the new appliances for 2021.
Thermador’s History and “Firsts”
- Thermador is part of BSH Home Appliances Corporation, a fully owned subsidiary of BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, the second largest appliance manufacturer in the world.
- The Thermador brand specializes in cooking appliance equipment such as ovens, ranges, cooktops, refrigerators and dishwashers.
- Thermador invented the first wall oven and cooktop, and introduced stainless steel to home appliances.
- By 1948, Thermador introduced the first “Pro Range” for residential use. Patterned after commercial restaurant equipment,
- Thermador developed the first home version warming drawer in 1952, a handy kitchen appliance that keeps dishes and foods warm while the oven is being used.
- Thermador continued to improve on kitchen appliances with the first self-cleaning oven in 1963.
Exciting News for Thermador
- Star Dry System in our Dishwashers
- The 48” Steam Range w/ 6 Gas Star Burner’s and an Induction Griddle.
- New Double and single ovens
- Free-standing French Door Refrigerator
General Advice for making appliance purchase decision.
- You should be selecting appliances very early in the design process and be ready to make a down payment on your appliances and verify that your appliances are ordered with your dealer.
- Make sure to provide the dealer with updates as your project progress as to when you’ll need the appliances so they can make sure appliances will be available.
- For many, COVID is over but the economic effects will be here to stay for many years to come without a significant drop in demand appliances. Many manufacturer’s will be having price increases.
- So the moral is order your appliances as early as possible, up to 4-5 months and earlier for most major appliance brands or be prepared to take whatever your dealer can get
Topics include everything BUT design.