HOME DESIGN CHAT WITH NANCY
Prices of homes are skyrocketing and causing people to remodel instead of relocating. So where do you start? After working with a designer, finding a general contractor begins the process of your project. Nancy explains the 10 most important things to look for when finding a contractor.
- Does the contractor have an office
- How did you find the contractor?
- Check references
- Offered you a discount
- Contractor required both homeowners at meeting
- Doesn’t require payment in full to start
- Gives start and completion date
- Offers warranties, etc.
- Has current state contractor’s license
- Has proof of insurance & workmen’s comp
Topics include everything BUT design.